The purpose of the Bockholdt Scholarship is to assist students who are interested in the area of Communication Arts, with emphasis given to areas of Broadcasting and Forensics.
- Both incoming new students and returning students are eligible to apply.
- Full-Time enrollment
First consideration will be given to students majoring/intending to major in Communications, including Broadcasting;
Second consideration will be given to students committing themselves to being involved in both Broadcasting and Forensics.
- If selected as a recipient, participate regularly in either Forensics and/or Radio activities and maintain an annual 2.8 GPA.
A list of speech activities/awards AND supportive documentation are required.
- Bockholdt Scholarship
- Supplemental Questions
- As the FALL 2019 SEMESTER, what will be your academic status or classification?
- Whether you are a new incoming student (First-Year or New Transfers) or a continuing student at North Central College, do you currently possess a 2.8 cumulative grade point average (based on 4.0 scale)?
- If you are selected as a recipient of this scholarship, will you be FULL-TIME (12-18 credit hours per semester) for the 2019-20 academic year?
- Between the extracurricular activities, Forensics and Radio, which area do you plan to be most active?
- If selected as a recipient of the Bockholdt Scholarship, do you commit to participate regularly in either Forensics and/or Radio activities?
- If you are selected to receive a Bockholdt Scholarship, which of the following extracurricular activities (Forensics and/or Radio) do you commit yourself to becoming involved in?
- How much training have you had in Forensics and Radio/TV? (Briefly list years of training and teachers)
- If selected as a finalist you may be invited on campus for an interview. If you were asked to interview, which the following areas of performance would you like to interview (pick no more than two)?
- Briefly explain what you seek to gain by being involved in speech-related activities at North Central College?
- Please provide a list of speech activities you have been involved with during your high school/college years, and/or relevant "outside school" activities you have been involved. Also list any achievements, awards, and/or honors you have received. Please indicate dates of both involvement and awards.
- Supplemental Documentation is required with the Bockholdt Scholarship. Please provide a digital file (MP3, AVI file, etc.) of yourself performing. Include supporting materials that you would like the scholarship committee to examine. Please Note: If you do not have access to a digital file of you performing, please submit a standard-size DVD, VHS, CD, or audio cassette directly to Steve Macek (Campus Mail # 346) with your full name and the name of the scholarship, Bockholdt Scholarship, clearly marked on your supporting materials.
- Show 6 more