Etheldred L. Schafer Pre-Medical Scholarship
The Etheldred L. Schafer Scholarship is awarded to deserving pre-medical students (students following a program leading to admission to allopathic or osteopathic medical school) for the following purposes: 1) to encourage scholarship, 2) to stimulate service to North Central College, and 3) to provide financial assistance.
Returning students who are in a pre-medical curriculum (preparing for admission to allopathic or osteopathic medical school) are invited to apply and are eligible for the scholarship during their sophomore, junior, and senior years at North Central College.
Applicants must demonstrate a high level of academic performance (B or higher); and in addition, must demonstrate some form of active service to North Central College. A written statement and unofficial transcript are required.
- Current students of North Central College
- Students who as of the Fall 2019 Semester will have sophomore, junior, or senior academic standing
- Students possessing a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Students who are in pre-medical curriculum
- A written statement and unofficial transcript are required
The Etheldred L. Schafer Pre-Medical Scholarship may be received by a current or past recipient, provided the student re-applies and is selected again as the recipient of this award.