F. A. Hayek Memorial Scholarship
The F. A. Hayek Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by Adam G. Chin, a 1999 graduate from North Central College. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to one (1) student who meets the following criteria:
- Must be a current student at North Central College, who will be continuing their undergraduate studies for the 2019-20 academic year
- Must be in good standing with the College
- Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must have declared a major that falls within the School of Business and Entrepreneurship, including, but not limited to, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Management, and Marketing.
- Must submit an essay that concisely describes the impact, if any, of the price mechanism on a free market and on a free society.
- Must have financial need
A letter of gratitude is requested to the Donors from the recipient of this scholarship.
- $1,300 to one recipient
- Supplemental Questions
- As a Continuing Student (currently attending North Central College), what will be your academic standing or classification at the start of the Fall 2019 Semester?
- Do you currently have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater?
- Have you filed the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? If you have U.S. Citizenship or are an Eligible Non-Citizen, then filing the 2019-20 FAFSA is required for this scholarship. (Please file your 2019-20 FAFSA as soon as possible using 2017 tax information.) Please pick the answer that best describes your status.
- If you are selected as a recipient of this scholarship, will you be FULL-TIME (12-18 credit hours per semester) for the 2019-20 academic year?
- The selected recipient for this scholarship must have declared a major that falls within the School of Business and Entrepreneurship. From the list provided, please select your major(s) that meets this criteria.
- Regarding your selected major(s) on the previous question: If you selected "Other", please enter your major that fits the criteria for this scholarship OR enter "Not Applicable".
- Essay Required: Please concisely describe the impact, if any, on the price mechanism on a free market and on a free society.
- Show 2 more