Grant for Children of Full-Time United Methodist Clergy
North Central College has established a grant program for dependent children of ordained elders in the United Methodist Church who are under current full-time appointment by a Bishop and Cabinet. Students are encouraged to make application for the Grant for Children of Full-Time United Methodist Clergy if they meet the following criteria of the scholarship.
To qualify for the Grant for Children of Full-Time United Methodist Clergy:
- The STUDENT must be financially dependent on the parent,
- The PARENT must serve as a full-time minister in the United Methodist Church
Parent Employed Full-Time as:
– Ordained Elder
– Commissioned Elder
– Ordained Deacon
– Commissioned Deacon
– Lay Pastor
– Director of Christian Education, Music or Youth Ministry
- The STUDENT has and maintains a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale),
- The STUDENT will be full-time at North Central College while receiving this scholarship.
Certification from the parent under full-time appointment by the United Methodist Church is required. By the applicant entering the name and email address for the parent who meets this requirement on the application, the certification request will be emailed to the parent.
The Grant for Children of Full-Time United Methodist Clergy is renewable by filling out the RENEWAL application (see the Grant for Children of United Methodist Ordained Elders application). This scholarship is limited to four years of undergraduate studies.