Hearst Foundation Make A Difference Scholarship
The Hearst Foundation Make A Difference Scholarship was established to offer financial assistance to minority students who are citizens of the United States and who live in the Chicago Metro area or areas that have minority populations in the State of Illinois.
- Financial assistance for minority students
- Applicants must be residents of Illinois
- Applicants should have a sophomore, junior, or senior status as of the Fall 2019 Semester
- Volunteer work is required (30 hours per academic year)
- The Hearst Foundation
- Supplemental Questions
- As a Continuing Student (currently attending North Central College), what will be your academic standing or classification at the start of the Fall 2019 Semester?
- Is your state of legal residence Illinois?
- For how many years have you attended North Central College?
- If you are seeking scholarship funding for your fifth year at North Central College, please explain why it is necessary for you to return for a fifth year, how many terms you will be enrolled and your anticipated course load each term.
- If you are selected as a recipient of this scholarship, will you be FULL-TIME (12-18 credit hours per semester) for the 2019-20 academic year?
- Have you filed the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? If you have U.S. Citizenship or are an Eligible Non-Citizen, then filing the 2019-20 FAFSA is required for this scholarship. (Please file your 2019-20 FAFSA as soon as possible using 2017 tax information.) Please pick the answer that best describes your status.
- What are your career plans after graduation?
- Please provide a list of your recent volunteer experiences. If you are a new applicant, please list recent volunteer experiences prior to enrolling at North Central College. If you are a continuing student who is re-applying for the 2019-20 academic year, please provide a list of all volunteer experience since enrolling at North Central College.
- Please provide a written statement of your current volunteer experience. Include in your statement, how and why you became involved; why you should be selected as a scholarship recipient; and what volunteer activities you would like to be involved in during the 2019-20 school year. If you currently have no volunteer experience, explain the reason and what you would like to be involved in during the 2019-20 school year, if selected.
- By answering "Yes" to this question, I understand, if selected as a recipient, I will be expected to volunteer at least 30 hours per academic year and will work closely with the Office of Faith and Action at North Central College to seek placement in a volunteer position or to record volunteer service that is done outside of the North Central College community.
- Show 5 more