Scholarship for Philanthropic Efforts
For over 35 years Swope, Rodante, P.A.’s team of personal injury attorneys have fought for justice on behalf of our clients, many of whom are victims of spinal cord injuries and/or traumatic brain injuries. Swope, Rodante P.A. is committed to rewarding those students who go out of their way to help others, with the hope that upon completion of their education these students will continue with philanthropic efforts as leaders of the community. In support of these student leaders Swope, Rodante P.A. awards a total of $5,000 in higher education scholarships annually through the Scholarship for Philanthropic Efforts. If you or someone you know would like to be considered for a scholarship please read the information below and follow the application process.
Applicants must be a student in good standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, seeking either an undergraduate degree or advanced degree at an accredited institution of higher education within the United States.
Applicants will mail the items listed below to:
Swope, Rodante P.A.
Attn: Community Outreach
1234 E. 5th Ave
Tampa, FL 33605
- Cover letter including name, address, phone number, email address (MUST be a .EDU address), institution enrolled in, area of study and contact information for Bursars Office & Financial Aid Office.
- Official Transcript
- Essay of up to 1,500 words answering the following question: How does your field of study positively impact the lives of people with a disability?
- Personal statement of up to 2,000 words describing how and why you choose to give back to the community.
Award Dates & Deadlines:
Two scholarships in the amount of $2,500 are awarded annually, one in December and one in July of each calendar year.
- For the July scholarship, applications must be postmarked by June15th, a winner will be chosen by July 15th and the award will be dispersed by July 31st.
- For the December scholarship award, applications must be postmarked by November 15th, a winner will be chosen by December 15th and the award will be dispersed by December 31st.
Terms & Conditions:
- Scholarship award will be dispersed directly to the financial aid office/bursars office of the university matching the student’s .edu email address.
- Enrollment and qualifications will be verified with the university prior to disbursement, Swope, Rodante P.A. reserves the right to withhold the award if the applicant does not meet the qualifications at the time of disbursement.
- Employees, affiliates, vendors and the immediate family members of Swope, Rodante P.A., Vanguard Attorneys, or spinalcord.com are not eligible.
- If no applicant meets the academic or community service requirements, Swope, Rodante P.A. reserves the right to withhold disbursement.
- All items required for submission including cover letter, transcript, essay, and personal statement must be submitted at the same time, incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Once we receive all items required for submission, within 2 weeks of receiving we will send a confirmation email to the email address provided to confirm eligibility. Please do not inquire on the status of your application until this time period has passed.