Roger K. and Mildred Rife Goodwin Endowed Scholarship Fund for Prospective Teachers
The *Roger K. and Mildred Rife Goodwin Endowed Scholarship Fund for Prospective Teachers was established to encourage future generations of students as they prepare for teaching careers.
- Applicant must be a full-time at North Central College
- Applicant must possess a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
First consideration will be given to students having graduated from Carl Shurz High School in Chicago, Illinois or Mendota Township High School in Mendota, Illinois, without regard to race, religion, age or gender.
- Roger K. and Mildred Rife Goodwin Scholarship for Prospective Teachers
- Supplemental Questions
- As the FALL 2020 SEMESTER, what will be your academic status or classification?
- If you are selected as a recipient of this scholarship, will you be FULL-TIME (12-18 credit hours per semester) for the 2020-21 academic year?
- A high school transcript is required for this scholarship. If you are an incoming First-Year or incoming Transfer student AND have not already submitted your high school transcript to the Office of Admissions at North Central College, please submit your transcript. PLEASE NOTE: If you're an incoming First-Year applicant or incoming Transfer applicant, your application will be INCOMPLETE without the H.S. Transcript on file.
- If you are an incoming First-Year or incoming Transfer student AND have not declared a major and/or minor, please enter your anticipated college major and your anticipated college minor (area of specialization).
- What is your GPA in your major? (PLEASE NOTE: This is REQUIRED, if you are CONTINUING STUDENT, currently attending North Central College.)
- Did you graduate from Carl Shurz High School in Chicago, Illinois or Mendota Township High School in Mendota, Illinois?
- Please provide an essay (typed, 1-2 pages) that supports your candidacy for application of this scholarship. This statement of candidacy will be assessed based on your writing skills and thoughtfulness of your written response to the following three categories. Please address all of these categories: Personal qualities that make you a strong candidate; financial need; extracurricular activities you have participated in during the past year that will influence your teaching skills and abilities. Please note: The same essay may be used for the following three Education scholarship applications - the Jeanene Yule Scholarship, the John J. Bohlander Scholarship, and the Roger and Mildred Rife Goodwin Scholarship.
- Interactions with Children and/or Youth: Please provide the following detailed information on the volunteer, work, and practicum experience (other than babysitting), in which you have been involved/will be involved with children or youth during the calendar year of January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019. List and describe each activity, indicate the length of time you have been involved, and where applicable indicate any leadership positions you may have held. List first those interactions that took place over long periods of time. Please attach no more than one page. [EX: Experience/Activity - After-school program at Franklin Elementary; Description - Conducted games and crafts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders; Length of Time Involved - Two hours every M, W, F from September 08, 2019 through December 17, 2019; Leadership Position - Planned student games and crafts for instructors of all grade levels.]
- Service to School and/or Community: Please provide a list of other activities or services to your school and/or community in which you have recently been involved/will be involved in during the calendar year of January 1 - December 31, 2019. List and describe each activity or service project, indicate the length of time you have been involved, and where applicable indicate any leadership positions you may have held. List first those activities or service experiences that took place over long periods of time. Please attach no more than one page. [EX: Experience/Activity - Rotary Food Drive; Description - Collected and distributed canned food; Length of Time Involved - April 10, 2019 (five hours); Leadership Position - none.]
- By entering my full legal name here, I (the applicant) signify that all the information submitted for this application is accurate, including the interactions with children and youth and service activities in which I took part/will take part from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
- Show 5 more