Information Technology Scholarship
Light IT is a global software engineering company that offers web and mobile development services. We believe that information technology scholarships are a good way for students to gain experience, shape their professional selves and get a fair endowment for what they are passionate about, that’s why we have decided to launch this contest.
The task for each participant is to create a prototype of a fully-functional mobile application aimed at booking a wide range of services including classes, courses, medical appointments, tours, transportation, hotel and restaurant reservation, etc. and write a technical specification for this application. For further information on how to make a prototype of an app, please visit the Website. Read a detailed description of a technical specification document, please visit the Website.
Who Can Apply?
Undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students who are currently studying any major at any university are welcome to apply for our IT scholarships. What we expect to see in applicants is their creative mind, critical thinking, technical skills, passion, and commitment to software development.
How to Apply?
- To apply for our scholarship for Information Technology students, you need to make these four steps:
- Go to the application form below this page;
- Fill out the form and add a link to the files with your student ID, technical specification, and a prototype of the booking app in a correspondent field. We recommend using Dropbox, Google Drive or similar services to share your files. Please make sure your documents are available to us;
- Click the “Apply Now” button;
- Share this scholarship information on your personal page on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter or any other social media.
Important: Failure to attach any of the documents, namely, your student ID, technical specification, and an app prototype, leads to the disqualification of a participant.
As soon as you submit the application, you’ll see the popup with the confirmation message. If you need clarification on the application process or other questions concerning this scholarship opportunity, feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: May 31, 2020. We will announce the winner on August 1, 2020.
What Is the Award?
A participant who presents the most impressive solution for an all-in-one booking application will be announced a winner and awarded $1,000 USD.
How Do We Review Applications?
Your works will be evaluated by the project managers who provide skilled mentorship for junior specialists in our company. We respect your privacy and never reveal your contact information to third parties, nor use it for our own benefit in any form. Still, we reserve the right to use your idea in our in-house projects.