Cultures of Character Scholarship (Spring Semester)
The Cultures of Character Scholarship was established through the generosity of the Kern Family Foundation, which supports North Central’s commitment to foster cultures of character in schools, encourage leadership development for underserved communities, and support the development of underrepresented administrative candidates.
- Must be newly accepted into North Central College’s Master of Education Program, prior to the first course in the Educational Leadership program.
- Submit a completed scholarship application by the application deadline.
- Agree to the participation expectations (see next section).
Recipients of this scholarship are expected to:
- Be fully engaged in coursework;
- Promote the goals of the scholarship as an applicant currently underrepresented in administrative ranks; through service to an underserved community; or by commitment to fostering a culture of character in a PK-12 setting; and
- Participate annually in at least two North Central College sponsored activities promoting the Educational Leadership Program and/or the scholarship and its goals.
- Scholarships are available based on the student’s application criteria.
- This annual scholarship is available for 20% to 40% off tuition for select candidates, with awards generally $4,000 to $8,600/year in value.
- One application allows the student to be eligible for either award.
- Students who apply for this scholarship are still eligible to apply for the Educational Alliance Partnership Grant.
Students who receive the Cultures of Character Scholarship are eligible for renewal of the scholarship in subsequent years provided they continue to meet the criteria and participation requirements.
- Renewal candidates do not need to re-apply each year.
- Renewal candidates will be verified each year by the Educational Leadership Program Coordinator.
- Renewal of scholarships will be considered based on evaluation of the student’s continuing to meet the scholarship criteria and being in good standing with North Central College.