Naperville Woman’s Club
Founded in 1897, the Naperville Woman’s Club is one of the longest-standing philanthropic organizations in Naperville. The club represents six generations of women whose goal was and is to enrich their community, form friendships, and engage in lifelong learning. The Naperville Woman’s Club has played a part in the development of many Naperville institutions, including Nichols Library, Naper School, and Edward Hospital.
In 1925, the Naperville Woman’s Club purchased the German Evangelical People’s Church building to use as a meeting and gathering space. In 2011, the Naperville City Council designated the facility as a Local Landmark.
Together, members support the arts, promote education, encourage healthy lifestyles and stress civic involvement. The Naperville Woman’s Club’s purpose is to be an integral part of the community by presenting informative meetings, sponsoring an annual Art Fair and supporting social and community organizations. The Naperville Woman’s Club shapes its agenda to meet the needs of its members and community.
The Naperville Woman’s Club Scholarship of the Arts was established by the Naperville Woman’s Club to recognize an outstanding student in the arts (art, music, and/or theatre) who contributes positively to the campus life at North Central College.