As the population of older adults continues to grow and life spans lengthen, more and more young people are taking on the role of caregiver for older loved ones. While the exact number of young people taking on this responsibility is not well understood, it’s estimated to be well over 1 million.
On top of their demanding caregiving duties, many of these young people are simultaneously pursuing high school, college or graduate-level education. Scholarships for student-caregivers help ease the financial burden faced by these extremely hardworking students.
We understand that student caregivers may not have the time to scour the Internet to find available scholarships to help them pay for college. That’s why we’re handling some of that research by compiling and updating the below list to ensure they have access to the latest caregiver scholarships and information.
The SeniorHomes.com Scholarship
- Amount: $1,000 to TWO students
- Description: The SeniorHomes.com Caregiver Scholarship is intended for students who are passionate about helping seniors live healthy lives and are pursuing careers in senior care. The award can be used towards tuition and/or books.
- Applicant Eligibility: Applicants must be actively enrolled in or accepted to attend a U.S. college or university and pursuing a career in senior care.
- Application Requirements: Applicants must submit either a 500-word essay or 2-3 minute video addressing a topic related to elder care.
- Where to Apply: Make application on the SeniorHomes.com Webpage.