Kovener SPECIAL SUMMER RESEARCH Scholarship
The purpose of the Kovener SPECIAL SUMMER RESEARCH Scholarship is to provide funding for a summer research stipend for one student who is from groups that are under-represented in the study areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
First consideration will be given to female physics majors planning to become middle school or high school teachers.
Second consideration will be given to female students with exceptional lab skills.
Third consideration will be given to other science students from other under-represented groups.
- Member of an under-represented group
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior in the Fall following the summer research (Namely, as of Fall 2019 Semester)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at North Central College
Financial need will be considered
- Students must complete the online financial aid application and include a 1-2 page essay about how a research experience furthers his or her educational or career goals.
There are TWO separate KOVENER Scholarships
- The Kovener Summer Research Scholarship,
- (And this scholarship), The Kovener Special Summer Research Scholarship
- Gary and Sharon Kovener
- $3,000 stipend
- Supplemental Questions
- As a Continuing Student (currently attending North Central College), what will be your academic standing or classification at the start of the Fall 2019 Semester?
- Which of the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) are you currently pursuing? (Please check all that apply.)
- If you are selected as a recipient of this scholarship, will you be FULL-TIME (12-18 credit hours per semester) for the 2019-20 academic year?
- Have you filed the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? If you have U.S. Citizenship or are an Eligible Non-Citizen, then filing the 2019-20 FAFSA is required for this scholarship. (Please file your 2019-20 FAFSA as soon as possible using 2017 tax information.) Please pick the answer that best describes your status.
- This scholarship was established to provide summer research funding for an under-represented student, with first preference being to a female student who is majoring in Physics. Are you currently a female student majoring in Physics? (This is one of the preferences of the scholarship criteria and doesn't exclude you from receiving the scholarship.)
- Do you plan to become a middle school or high school teacher? (This is one of the preferences of the scholarship criteria and doesn't exclude you from receiving the scholarship.)
- Are you a female student with exceptional lab skills? (This is one of the preferences of the scholarship criteria and doesn't exclude you from receiving the scholarship.)
- This scholarship is to be awarded to a student from groups that are under-represented in the study areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). In the space provided, please write a brief statement (2-3 sentences) on why you feel you meet this criteria and represent a group that is under-represented.
- Please upload an essay (1-2 page, PDF) about how a research experience furthers your educational or career goals.
- Show 4 more