John J. Bohlander Scholarship
The John J. Bohlander Scholarship was established to financially assist undergraduate students of outstanding ability in the field of Education. Applicants must be full-time and must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA to qualify. Essay is required.
- Financial assistance for undergraduate students pursuing Education
- Must be Full-Time
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Essay is required
- Supplemental Questions
- As the FALL 2020 SEMESTER, what will be your academic status or classification?
- If you are selected as a recipient of this scholarship, will you be FULL-TIME (12-18 credit hours per semester) for the 2020-21 academic year?
- Is your current cumulative GPA equal to or greater than 3.000? (Incoming Freshmen please use High School GPA; Incoming Transfers please use previous college/university cumulative GPA.)
- If you are an incoming First-Year or incoming Transfer student AND have not declared a major and/or minor, please enter your anticipated college major and your anticipated college minor (area of specialization).
- A high school transcript is required for this scholarship. If you are an incoming First-Year or incoming Transfer student AND have not already submitted your high school transcript to the Office of Admissions at North Central College, please submit your transcript. PLEASE NOTE: If you're an incoming First-Year applicant or incoming Transfer applicant, your application will be INCOMPLETE without the H.S. Transcript on file.
- What is your GPA in your major? (PLEASE NOTE: This is REQUIRED, if you are CONTINUING STUDENT, currently attending North Central College.)
- Please provide an essay (typed, 1-2 pages) that supports your candidacy for application of this scholarship. This statement of candidacy will be assessed based on your writing skills and thoughtfulness of your written response to the following three categories. Please address all of these categories: Personal qualities that make you a strong candidate; financial need; extracurricular activities you have participated in during the past year that will influence your teaching skills and abilities.
- Service to School and/or Community: Please provide a list of other activities or services to your school and/or community in which you have recently been involved/ will be involved in during the calendar year of January 1 - December 31, 2019. List and describe each activity or service project, indicate the length of time you have been involved, and where applicable indicate any leadership positions you may have held. List first those activities or service experiences that took place over long periods of time. Please attach no more than one page. [EX: Experience/Activity - Rotary Food Drive; Description - Collected and distributed canned food; Length of Time Involved - April 10, 2019 (five hours); Leadership Position - none.]
- By entering my full legal name here, I (the applicant) signify that all the information submitted for this application is accurate, including the interactions with children and youth and service activities in which I took part/will take part from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
- Show 4 more