Donald and Arline Johnson Science and Math Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Don and Arline Johnson, North Central College graduates from the Class of 1957. The primary purpose of the Donald and Arline Johnson Science and Math Scholarship is to provide support to a student in a science and/or math related field. In science, preference will be given to a student in biology or health science. Preference will also be given to students majoring in math, including actuarial science. Technology study that relates to health science, computer science technology, or mathematics will also be considered. The following criteria must be satisfied and will serve as the benchmarks used for the selection process of the recipient.
• Full-time, undergraduate student with a declared major in a science and/or math area.
• Sophomore, Junior or Senior status.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and be in good academic standing.
• Submit recommendation letters from two (2) faculty and/or staff members.
• Complete a one-page essay addressing your future goals and plans related to STEM.
• Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
Please discuss your educational goals and why study in the science and math area is interesting to you. Also, discuss your future aspirations and how the scholarship will help you attain your goals (250-500 words).
This scholarship is not renewable.