Omron Foundation Japanese Studies Scholarship
The Omron Foundation provides education abroad scholarships for North Central College students who are eager to immerse themselves in the culture, history, and language of Japan and its people by participating in education abroad experiences.
The Omron Foundation Japanese Studies Scholarship is designed to financially assist a full-time undergraduate student who is participating in a Japanese education abroad experience during the next academic year.
- Undergraduate students currently attending North Central
- Students enrolled full time during the upcoming academic year when the education abroad experience is planned
- Students registered or intending to register to study abroad in Japan during the fall or spring semester of the next academic year
- Students must be in good academic standing with the College
- Preference given to students who are majoring in Japanese
- Preference given to students with financial need as indicated by filing the FAFSA
For more information regarding education abroad opportunities in Japan, please reach out to Rachel Birkley, Associate Director, Education Abroad-Center for Global Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sachie Banks, Assistant Professor of Japanese, Modern & Classical Languages, at email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you plan to participate in an education abroad program in Japan during the next academic year?
- Please submit a one-page essay addressing why you are a good candidate for this Japanese education abroad scholarship and how the experience will support your personal, academic and professional goals.