Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU) Transfer Student Scholarships
Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU) is an organization dedicated to educating community college transfer students and counselors about the numerous benefits available at private colleges and universities. PICU members present informative sessions to community college counselors, and hold traditional college fairs for students to feature the importance of taking a more thorough look at private schools. PICU is currently comprised of private Illinois colleges and universities united by a student-centered approach at every phase of the transfer process to ensure a smooth transition from the community college to the receiving institution. PICU schools allow students to fully concentrate on successfully completing their bachelor’s degree program with the assurance that they will be assisted every step of the way.
In support of the organization’s mission, PICU will grant a minimum of seven scholarships each year to community college transfer students looking to achieve their educational goals at one of our member institutions. Fall applicants will be considered for one of two $1,000 scholarships, one of two $750 or one of three $500 scholarships. Spring applicants will be considered for one of two $500 scholarships.
All candidates must:
- Be currently enrolled in an Illinois community college seeking to earn their first baccalaureate degree.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at a community college.
- Submit an application for admission to one of the PICU member colleges or universities listed.
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA or greater.
The following data are required from each candidate:
- A completed application form with signed Scholarship Agreement and Information Release.
- A personal statement of 500 – 700 words telling the committee about your background, your educational goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve these goals.
- An official community college transcript
- Fall Applications And Required Materials Must Be Received By June 2nd To Qualify.
- Spring Applications And Required Materials Must Be Received By September 4 To Qualify.
Email PICU Scholarship Chair, Austin McGrath, at Aumcgrath@colum.edu