Busey Bank Bridge Scholarship
Busey Bank is committed to building strong communities. Each year, we offer financial support toward continuing education endeavors to applicants of all ages and educational backgrounds through the Busey Bank Bridge Scholarship.
“We are proud to support the educational aspirations of students across our footprint through the Busey Bank Bridge Scholarship,” said Sandy DeMond, Senior Vice President – Director of Community Banking. “We recognize the financial challenges that come with continuing education and hope to ease that burden for students and their families. By investing in their education, we’re not only helping the students themselves, but also our communities as a whole.”
Through the Busey Bank Bridge Scholarship Fund, $25,000 in the aggregate will be awarded annually. Funds will be disbursed through 10 individual scholarships of $2,500 throughout the Busey Bank service areas.
All Applicants Must:
- Meet the following income requirement. Annual gross family income cannot exceed 80% of the median income in your county. Reference your county’s information located on the application.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Be enrolled or eligible for admission at a continuing education facility.
- Use the awarded scholarship during the upcoming academic year.
- Busey Bank associates and associates’ family members are excluded.
- Scholarship recipients will be chosen without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, or gender.
- Must reside in one of the following counties within the applicable states below:
• Illinois: Champaign, McLean, Peoria, Tazewell, Macon, Will, Grundy, Cook, DuPage, Madison, St. Clair
• Missouri: St. Louis, St. Louis City, St. Charles
• Florida: Lee, Sarasota
• Indiana: Hamilton, Marion
The scholarship funds can be used for tuition, fees, books or supplies for continuing education. Online applications are available at busey.com/scholarship. The application deadline is June 30, 2023, and selected recipients will be notified by July 31, 2023.
Complete details on the Busey Bank Bridge Scholarship’s eligibility criteria and application process can be found at busey.com/scholarship.